Sunday, May 11, 2014

It's Mom's Day!

What a beautiful day here in Maumee, Ohio! The sun is shining and the temperature is a beautiful 78 degrees. I started the day with going to Mass and thanking God for the many blessings that He has bestowed on me. Then I heard from my children and grandchildren. The day is just plain precious.

There was one person whom I could not hug today. My dear mom. Momma died nineteen years ago on May 1st. I'd like to dedicate this to her.

Momma, I missed you again this morning. I think of you everyday. We didn't have a 1950's TV life, but it was certainly a good life. I remember the time we were little and you were sick. The trips we took to Cleveland so that you could see your doctor. We would walk to a church in downtown Cleveland and go to visit Jesus in the tabernacle and light a few candles. I don't know how old I was, I was just old enough to remember I guess. Funny how I think of those times so long ago.

Momma, I love you. You weren't Mrs. Cleaver or Harriet Nelson, but you were perfect for me. God bless you momma, I know you are keeping the angels in stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment