Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This year of 2009 has seen a lot of somber things with the rise in unemployment, loss of homes, and loss of retirement savings. I am among the ranks of the unemployed; and some days I find that I am feeling sorry for myself; however today I will put that negative energy away and remember all that I have. God has been very good to me. Even with my lack of employment I still have a roof over my head and food to eat. I have a loving family and friends. I am active in St. Vincent de Paul where I am able to help others in need. I have to say that belonging to St. Vincent de Paul is a true blessing for me. Being able to help others helps me to remember that we are all brothers and sisters in God's family, so at those times when I feel alone, I know that I am not.
Today join with me in thanking God for our families, our friends, and our country; and as we thank Him for these blessings, let us also pray for peace and economic health. May God our Father bless each and everyone of us. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment