Friday, November 20, 2009

Shophia and me

She is such a ray of sunshine in my life. This little Norwegian Lundehund mix is a pup full of energy and mischief. I love her dearly. I cannot imagine someone simply abandoning this animal, but they did. I had lost my Jack Russel Terrier a week or so before. His name was Norman, I only had him for four years, he was five years old when my grandchildren gave him to me. As you can see in the picture of him and I (he is giving me a kiss) were very close too. I was sad to have to put Norman down, we struggled with his epilepsy for the entire time he was with us, he had a severe allergy problems and last summer we nearly lost him to pancretitis; he was never the same after that. Then August 18 he had what appeared to be a mild stroke. He was miserable. He wanted me to let him go. Putting him down was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. The emptiness in my heart was nearly overwhelming; we went to the Humane Society to get another Jack Russel, but there was no chemistry. I was standing by Sophia's cage and she came over to me brushing up against her cage for me to pet her. When the attendants took her out of the cage it was love at first sight. I filled out the eight pages of paper work and waited to be approved. Sophia has been a ray of sunshine ever since. She was only seven months old when we got her, so there is still a lot of puppy behavior to deal with, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Dogs, God's little gifts of love to us. Thank you God for loving us so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment